Consider this important checklist when selecting a broker:
- Does the broker have a coherent and robust strategy for marketing my property?
- Will the broker personally take the time required to give my property the personal attention needed for proper marketing? Or will my property be lost in twenty or more listings that the broker is already managing?
- Is the broker willing to invest in the marketing of my property by executing on a substantive marketing campaign at his own expense?
- Does the broker have a dedicated staff person to manage the marketing efforts for his listing portfolio?
- Do the broker and I communicate well? Are we on the same page? Do I trust him to be honest with me and fulfill executing on the items in which he has committed.
Stewart will meet directly with every client to understand each property’s unique features and the seller’s near term and long term goals.
He will then prepare a detailed marketing plan for the property and present that plan to the client for feedback. While each marketing plan is unique, Stewart will typically:
- Engage a well regarded photographer to create professional images to be used in electronic and print marketing pieces.
- Produce professional color brochures with the Sotheby’s Realty brand to be distributed to all six Sotheby’s regional offices.
- Display the property prominently in his Sotheby’s main street office window, office lobby and his personal office.
- Submit the property to the Telluride Multiple Listing Service with photography.
- Upload the property information to his personal website, the local Sotheby’s Realty website, the Sotheby’s International Realty website and over fifteen other prominent real estate websites for broad internet reach.
- Include the property on the next Telluride Association of Realtor’s broker tour.
- Send an email blast to all regional brokers with information regarding the new listing and another email blast to his proprietary list over 300 interested Telluride buyers.
- Mail a post card introducing the property to select local property owners with notification of the new availability of the property. Local property owners often have an interest in acquiring new property or very frequently have friends who have been considering purchasing property in the Telluride region.
- Personally host all regional Sotheby’s brokers at the property to maximize property exposure and understanding.
- Hold regular open houses of the property.
- Advertise the property in the Telluride Daily Planet at least once per week throughout the listing period during prime weeks of every selling season.